Functional Endoscopic Sinus Surgery is performed to relieve pain and pressure of Chronic Sinusitis by providing ventilation and to drain mucus/pus out of the sinus cavities. Fess is performed by introducing HOPKINS™ rod lense endoscope attached with HD camera into the nose and sinuses, and using various cutting instruments like Debriders, scissors, Lasers, Coblator etc. to remove extra Tissue and Bone which is causing obstruction.
Main indication for FESS is chronic Rhino-sinusitis not responding to medication, Recurrent acute bacterial Sinusitis.
Sinusitis may be caused by-
- Deviated Nasal Septum (DNS)
- Nose Block
- Enlarged Turbinates
- Bacterial and fungal infections
- Avoid Nose Blowing for 10days
- Avoid weight lifting more than 5kgs
- Avoid straining while passing stools
- Avoid unnecessary movement over nose